Followers

Monday, August 5, 2013

Business Casual Chronicles: Work Outfit of the Day, Makes, and More

BCOOTD: Prints Galore
The Styling
DTLA Boutique Polka Dot Headband
Pandora Braided Bracelet
Michele Watches: Sportsail/Urban Deco
TJ Maxx Gingham Button Down Shirt
TJ Maxx Tribal Print Skirt



The Details



Hey All.  I am so happy to be back.  It's been some time since I last posted and I have missed it so much.

You my be wondering why I have been MIA.  I am currently at the tail end of a rigorous training program and it's been rough.  As a result (and much to my disappointment), I have not been able to sew nor blog for the past few months.   Things are finally starting to settle down and I'm so excited to start blogging again.

As much as I am excited to pick sewing and blogging back up, I realize that trying to juggle working full time and sewing all the time is not practical for me at the moment.  However, I want to be able to interact with you all on a regular basis.  In thinking about ways to keep you all engaged and that will fit in with my 9 to 5, I've decided to blend what I have to do (dress for work) with what I love to do (making and putting together outfits).

Aside from sewing, I really enjoy styling and creating outfits.  I love mixing and matching pieces in my closet to create new looks.  Lately, my focus has been creating fun outfits that fit within the business casual dress code set by my job.  The flexibility of business casual may foster creativity but also creates some anxiety for me.  I find myself worrying about whether or not my outfit choices are appropriate for the setting at work.  So far, I've been pretty successful dressing the part but from time to time I still wonder about the outfits I put together.

Every morning (or evening) when I am deciding what to wear I struggle with deciding what business causal dress entails.  I want to have fun styling my work clothes but its get a little hazy on what's appropriate and what's not.

Dressing up for work has become such a big part of my life.  Especially, figuring out how to work the clothes I already have into a business casual code and how to select items that fall in line with it.  My ultimate goal is to one day make all my work clothes but in the meantime, I wanted to share with you all how I'm navigating the business causal world in style and on a dime.

Stay tuned for my daily Business Casual Outfit of the Day (BCOOTD) posts.  I plan on sharing my styling tips for keeping it BC on the cheap and dressing for your body type.
Keep an eye out for my makes too.  They will be integrated in with my business casual OOTDs.

Without further adieu, check out what I rocked to work today.  Hope you likey. And I apologize for being MIA for a bit. Hope you all didn't miss me too much. ;)

-Rejina
Pin It

1 comment:

So happy you dropped by! Thanks for commenting. If you have a blog, leave a link. I love discovering new blogs and posts. ;0)